First off, this being part "fashion blog", I suppose I should blog about lastnights fashion on the red carpet at the Golden Globes. truth be told, I forgot the Golden Globes were on and ended up falling asleep during the Jets game and waking up around 10:30, just in time to catch the end of the Globes...so I missed all things red carpet...but like a good little fashionista, I checked up on everything I missed online.
Fashion favorite of the night? EMMA STONE in Calvin Klein Collection!
Actually.... Emma Stone is on a fashion ROLE! Did anyone catch her this past weekend at the critics choice awards?! BALENCIAGA!?!?!? She killed it!
Anyways...it appears I may be girl crushing on Emma Stone...shes what? Like 20 years old? I'm almost 8 years older than her....scary! When the fuck did I get so old? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was 20? Using fake ID's to get into bars. Now I'm lucky if someone asks for my ID. BLECH! I'd rather not think about it!
Lets take a brief moment (and I mean BRIEF because theres no need to linger on it) to notice Emma's weight loss...and her fake tan....and her new blonde hair. Reminds me of Lindsay Lohan. But hopefully thats where the comparison ends. Emma is a stunning girl, and Lindsay is a messy one.
Okay. So onto our trip.
It was 2 weeks long, so I probably wont get too far today talking about it.
Dec 31-My boyfriend and I flew out of JFK airport to Ft Lauderdale and rented a car and headed to Boca Raton to visit our grandparents and his bestfriend who was visiting down there as well...we were surprising his bestfriend and he didnt know we were coming. We ha a pretty hectic day..surprising the best friend, saying hi to both our grandmothers....I think we made our way to every corner of Boca that day. Then headed back to my grandmothers to get ready for New Years Eve festivities....in Ft Lauderdale (yea, we flew into Ft Lauderdale, came up to Boca to see people and drop off our stuff at my Grandmothers, and then peaced out and went BACK to Ft Lauderdale for the night)...HECTIC HECTIC. My boyfriends bestfriend and his wife came along with us to meet up with my boyfriends college friends. We all went down there....went out to dinner (I think there were 8 of us), we finished dinner just shortly before midnight...around 11:45...and ran outside (mmmm 75 degrees at night in the middle of winter...gotta love Florida!) to watch the ball drop of this big flat screen that was in the middle of this casino place....te whole thing is hard to explain, espcially because I dont know the name of the place we were at. But we watched the ball drop and my boyfriend and I FINALLY kissed at the moment it hit midnight...this was our first New Years Kiss that was actually ON TIME in our whole relationship. One year he got stuck at the car waiting for drinks, the next year AGAIN he was stuck at a bar getting a drink and was about 30 seconds late getting to me....and last year he was in our kitchen pouring shots with his friends and came into the livingroom 30 seconds late to kiss me....again. HMMMM, yea......I guess we know where my boyfriends priorities are at.
But anyways, we got our kiss at the very moment the ball dropped. Then we headed into a bar and had some drinks till around 1:30am, thank god others were getting tired....cause I was completely wiped out and my boyfriend probably could have kept going all night. So happily we headed back to his college friends apartment (ahem, hes married and met his girlfriend a whole YEAR after me and my boyfriend met! Grrr). We all crashed there, and then woke up super early (8am) to head back north to Boca.
Jan 1-We spent most of the day by the pool in my grandmothers gated community. It was nice. Started working a bit on my tan. Got a base tan, relaxed, napped, etc. That night we went out to dinner with my and, uncle and cousin to a french restaurant. We had a great dinner, except that I had to shit my brains out in the restaurant bathroom....luckily no one else was in there at the time (hey, when nature calls, right?). After dinner we went back to my grandmothers and my boyfriend and I went out with a bottle of wine to the pool and hot tub. We spent about an hour or so out there....it was a warm beautiful night, you could see all the stars in the sky. My boyfriend went down on me on the side of the hot tub, and I gave him a BJ and we finished up our wine and headed bck to my grandmothers. I woke up at 5:00am that night unable to sleep and heard my grandmothers TV on in the hall, so I went out and sat with her in her bed, just chatting for a bit. It was nice. I finally headed back to bed around 6:00am, when I returned my boyfriend didnt even know I had gone anywhere. Ha.
Jan 2-when we woke up, we spent some time relaxing and then went out to the pool again, it was a fairly relaxed day, which is exactly what we needed. We took my boyfriends grandmother out to dinner for Chinese food that night, then we packed up our stuff and headed BACK to his friends place in Ft Lauderdale to sleep over, since we were leaving on an early flight from Miami the next morning to go to Puerto Rico for our cruise. We got to his friends place and his wife laid out a great spread of fruit, crackers and cheese, we drank some wine and chit chatted till bedtime. We went into the guestroom and finally the excitement began to kick in....In the morning we were leaving for a 12 day cruise of the Southern Carribean! How much more amazing does it get?
I'll stop here and continue later or tomorrow....because the whole day of January 3rd was a huge dissaster area, and my brain isnt quite ready to re-live it yet. Let just say there were a lot of delays, and I did a lot of crying.
No comments:
Post a Comment