Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blog world-Day 1

Ya know, I was into this whole "blog" thing before it was even cool. Before it was even "blog". I was doing this shit back when it was called 'having an internet diary', and I kept it a secret to most of my friends out of fear that someone would laugh about it.
That was back in my Diaryland days.


So here we are again, different time, different life....worlds and worlds away from where I was back then.

Life is definitely different now, but not the least bit less fun.
I've moved on from being boy crazy, to being shoe, bag, clothing and sex crazy.


I was silly girl playing silly games back then, and now I'm a bit wiser, a bit older, and now I keep my games to the bedroom with my boyfriend (1 boyfriend, singular).

So while I've changed, I've still made efforts to stick to my roots....those being: be loud, be funny, talk about sex, and dont give a crap what others think of you.

So let me say a little bit about myself now.
I'm a medical assistant in an OB/GYN office, that is staffed entirely with women...ONLY. Its full of drama and fights and backstabbing and all the same stuff I remember from highschool, except it has a backdrop of newborn babies, surpise pregnancies, oops-STD's, and an overwhelming amount of estrogen exploding out of all of our pours.
I'm a big girl now...living on my own in Queens, NY with my absolutely amazing boyfriend of 2 and a half years. Hes the kind of guy I only dreamed of having back in my Diaryland days. He's smart, funny, outgoing, exciting, fun, loving, caring, open, understanding, accepting and a little bit crazy (although not quite as bad as I am). He came into my life at just the right moment, just as everything started coming un-done. And he saved me. He saved me from losing my mind, from spiraling down into a deep dark depression, from being a pessimistic unhappy person. It happened just as I was about to lose hope in humanity, in all man-kind, and he made me realize that life is funny. It shouldn't be taken so seriously...it should be taken to its very limits.
So now he and I live together in a great 2 bedroom apartment, in a great location. We're close to Manhattan, and still just a car ride away from the beach. Its been 1 year together in this apartment, and we've managed not to kill eachother-in fact it brought us closer.

I'm happy, despite the amount of complaining I do. I'm happy and overwhelmingly excited for my future with my boyfriend.

So lets start things off with a BANG!

At aprox. 0500 hours on Saturday morning, me and my boy, his brother, his brothers girlfriend, and another couple we're friends with will be packing up our cars for a loooong drive up to Quebec Canada for the ice carnival they have up there....followed by 1 night at the Ice Hotel in Northern Quebec.






Of course, along with these plans came quite a bit of shopping to prepare.






Unfortunately, my boyfriend recently placed me on a shopping ban-until April-to try to help me control my finances...so there would be no Emilio Pucci snow boots in my future. Nor would there be any Alexander Wang thermal onesies! Instead I took a trip to TJMaxx and found lots of underarmour, nike and adidas gear to layer up with. In addition to that, my boyfriends mother is lending me a pair of her snow boots, because I dont own any.
I'd wear a pair of Uggs...But I'm terrified that snow will seep through and freeze my toes off.

I'd love to own a pair of those lovely Tall leather Ugg Locarno boots...they're the only Uggs that I actually find attractive, but sadly-I missed that boat, it sailed 2 years ago, and I only found out about them recently via Ebay. Actually, I really found out about them via some bratty stuck up North Shore Long Island girl back in October at a pumpkin patch. She was wearing them, and I had never seen then before...when I asked when/where she got them or if she knew the style name she said "Oh, I have no idea-I took them from my sisters closet". Thanks for your help!


So I was left to my own devices to hunt them down on the internet


So let the 3 day countdown begin! As of Saturday, I will headed to the frozen tundra that is our neighbors to the north.
Till then-wink wink, kiss kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment